Franchise Management Forum 2017 Online Seminar
Learn management strategies and tactics behind successful chains. Hear the latest tactics and success strategies from some of Australia’s top franchise leaders at this unique event, “On Demand” and keep on top of best practice in the franchise management arena.
You will learn:
- Multi-branding to maximize opportunities and growth by Serge Infanti, Managing Director, FoodCo (Jamaica Blue & Muffin Break)
- Building a national wellness chain from scratch: The Endota story by Melanie Gleeson, Founder & CEO, Endota Spa
- Open Exchange Forum – Solve real-life franchise problems
- Managing joint employer risks if franchisors are to be held liable for franchisees’ workers (Panel Session) by Derek Sutherland, Special Counsel,
- HWL Ebsworth Lawyers; Steve Champion, Managing Director, ER Strategies; and Matthew Horton, Founder, FoundU
- How to build a major food brand with a social purpose: The Zambrero story by Karim Messih, CEO, Zambrero
- Parallel franchising and the role of new brands in one of Australia’s oldest networks by Peter Camphin, State Director, Ray White Real Estate
Open Exchange Forum Topics
- Topic 1: How to get franchisees to embrace new technology and IT systems?
- Topic 2: Do you benchmark to compare franchisees’ sales, costs and profits? How and what do you benchmark and what systems do you use?
- Topic 3: How to recruit, retain, reward and motivate field support personnel?
- Topic 4: What is the role of an external board in improving franchisor governance, risk management and strategic planning?
- Topic 5: Disaster recovery for franchise networks – what happened and how have you dealt with it?
- FoodCo (Jamaica Blue & Muffin Break)
- Endota Spa
- Ray White Real Estate
Arm yourself with strategies and practical take-aways you can apply straight-away with online access to the recordings from the Franchise Management Forum 2017: Achieve more for your brand and franchisees.
Multi-branding to maximise opportunities and growth
Serge Infanti, Managing Director, FoodCo (Jamaica Blue & Muffin Break)
- FoodCo’s brands and choice of multi-branding strategy;
- What support resources can be shared across brands?
- Recruitment issues in multi-brand networks;
- What are the limitations of multi-branding?
- Landlords, penalty rates and payroll compliance challenges for franchisors.
Building a national wellness chain from scratch: The Endota story
Melanie Gleeson, Founder & CEO, Endota Spa
- The inspiration for wellness and its emergence as a major trend;
- Brand-building and the decision to franchise;
- Trial and error in building scalable systems for network growth;
- Lessons in franchisee selection – what worked and what didn’t;
- Future directions, international growth, and generational change.
Managing joint employer risks if franchisors are to be held liable for franchisees’ workers (Panel Session)
Derek Sutherland, Special Counsel, HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
Steve Champion, Managing Director, ER Strategies
Matthew Horton, Founder, FoundU
- An overview of the current state of play with the Protecting Vulnerable Workers bill;
- Why the prospect of joint employer liability should worry franchisors;
- Implications for other stakeholders, including lenders and shareholders;
- Tactical responses to managing franchisee employment risks;
- Strategic options for franchisors including alternative distribution arrangements.
How to build a major food brand with a social purpose: The Zambrero story
Karim Messih, CEO, Zambrero
- The origins of Zambrero and its humanitarian philosophy;
- Managing rapid growth and developing systems quickly enough to keep up;
- Maintaining an edge in a highly competitive food segment;
- The role of innovation to drive sales and store performance;
- Developing international markets – Early steps and key lessons.
Parallel franchising and the role of new brands in one of Australia’s oldest networks
Peter Camphin, State Director, Ray White Real Estate
- How to stay ahead of social and economic change in your business model;
- The impact of information in empowering the modern consumer and the need to evolve service models in response;
- Integrating new franchise brands into an established network;
- Balancing traditional brand values in a rapidly changing environment;
- Working with veteran franchisees to transition to a new generation of operators.
For 12 months access.