In this webinar (current as of 1pm 30 March), I talked with Phil Chapman of Lease1 around these four topics:
- What to do about rent due in April;
- How Landlord’s are reacting;
- How to Approach Landlords; and
- What happens after the virus
The key takeways from the discussion were:
- you need to get on the front foot and be proactive with your landlords.
- Be frank, be open, and be transparent.
- The clear message is that tenants are very valuable and will be hard to get as the recovery takes place
- Use the words that you want to ”Pause” or ”Hibernate” your lease.
- This is not a free kick for tenants. This is about working together to build a bridge to the other side for everyone. Everyone will need to take a hit to get there.
The link to the recording is via You Tube: https://youtu.be/_2mPVK5ryFI