Introduction > Module One > Module Two > Module Three > Module Four > Module Five > Module Six
Duration: 36 mins plus activities
This module covers the following topics:
On completion of this module, a business owner will have an understanding of how to better prepare themselves for an orderly exit from their business in order to maximise their return on investment. It explores how to prepare a business for sale and to determine a sale price, as well as compiling an Information Memorandum to assist buyers with their due diligence and to facilitate the sale process. The module also examines the involvement of the franchisor in the sale of a franchisee’s business, and common restraint of trade provisions and other conditions which may exist after the sale is completed.
Planning to Exit a Business
Review Planning to Exit a Business video below. Download a transcript of the video (PDF 222KB).
Module Six Learning Activities
|Q&A with Franchise Accountant Rob Melin
Self Assessment Quiz
Test your knowledge of this module with this assessment quiz. To successfully complete this module and obtain a Certificate of Completion you need to get a score of 85% or better.
Planning to Exit a Business Resources
- Selling your business – Franchise versus Independent
- Australian Franchises website
- Franchise Business website
- Seek Commercial website
- Chapter 16, ‘Managing Growth and Transition’
- Buyer Information Pack Template
Further information on selling your business is also available from:
- Australian Tax Office Information – Selling or closing your business check list
- Commonwealth Bank – Selling your business
- National Australia Bank – How to get the best price for your business