Duration: 52 mins plus activities
This module covers the following topics:
On completion of this module, you will have a better understanding of how to assess your employment needs, and how to define, structure and evaluate jobs to ensure best fit with your organisational needs and outcomes. You will also learn how to assess your business’ supply requirements, and understand how your business and its supply chain work together to create value for the end customer.
Managing Staff and Supply Chains
Review the Managing Staff and Supply Chains video. A transcript of the Managing Staff and Supply Chains video is available here (PDF 67KB).
Module Two Learning Activities
- You’ve heard in this module how important it is when employing staff to think clearly about the needs of your business and the skills you require. To do this, you first need to do a job analysis and then write a job description. Using these templates undertake a job analysis (PDF 49KB) and job description (PDF 12KB) for a role in your business. You can view a sample employment process here (PDF 30KB). You also need to consider the costs of staff (PDF 34KB), as well as familiarise yourself with the industry awards via the Fair Work Australia website.
- Review Q & A with The Coffee Club Multiple-Unit Franchisee, Barry Lane. A transcript of the Q&A is available here ( PDF 66KB).
- Name the top 4 suppliers for your main product or service that you would consider if you were starting your business from scratch today?
- What things would you assess – aside from price – to determine which supplier to use? What value transformation is created by your sale of this product or service?
Self Assessment Quiz
Test your knowledge of this module with this assessment quiz. To successfully complete this module and obtain a Certificate of Completion you need to get a score of 85% or better.
- If you don’t wish to test your knowledge, you can proceed directly to Module Three: Introduction to Small Business and Franchise Marketing.
Managing Staff and Supply Chain Resources
- Job Analysis Template
- Job Description example
- Sample employment process
- Costs of Staff List
- Industry Awards on the Fair Work Australia website